Yay! and Oops!

Share:

Success on the pivot shaft:

/assets/img/gmg-414.jpg

Some careful sawing and using a vice to hold the puller slowly released the last bits from the pivot shaft.

/assets/img/gmg-415.jpg

Yay!

On the other hand, trying to pull the stub axle from its carrier broke my puller:

/assets/img/gmg-416.jpg

Oops! I then took the carrier to the local garage where their press quickly persuaded the stub axle to come out. I must get me one of those too!

All the donor parts are now disassembled, so the reconditioning of the diff is next. I ordered the gasket and a replacement pinion seal, let's hope that is all that is needed.