I moved over my Moveable Type powered blog over to a Xaraya install. Long overdue, given that I am a developer on Xaraya, it is sort of obligatory to run the blog from that package.
I tried to mimick the old look as much as possible. While Xaraya is certainly more flexible and some things were much easier to do than in MT, I also noticed that the finesses of MT will take a while to move over.
Some things which will take some time to come back the full MT way:
- Trackback functionaliy; while Xaraya supports this, it will take some manual effort to get it to be a friendly player;
- Inline RDF Moveable type supports by default for autodiscovery;
- Some templating work is still left (like directly showing the older entries);
- The support for uploading images directly with blog postings;
- The extended API support.
The above is one of the reasons i moved over, so i have a real life itch to implement those things in Xaraya. We’ll see