As mentioned earlier i like to treat weblogs as much as possible as a messaging activity. Not because i like messaging so much, but it has become the major activity in working the internet for me; communicating through news and mail. I find blogging interesting, but the threshold was always a bit high.
Especially blogging on linux seems a tab bit less friendly than the excellent clients available for windows, and those didn’t fit my pattern. What I did was basically the following:
- searched the net for email gateways to MT (found 3)
- literally threw the three files into one perl script ( they all had something i needed)
- reorganized and made it fit to be a baseline for me.
So, phase 1 is complete, i can post in html with my email client to my blog (through a special email-address linked to it), selecting multiple categories.(by specifying them in a X-Categories custom mail header). Attachments to the email are automatically placed in the right location.
- a bit better extracting of the message (i left this posting as it is generated, definitely not what you want for all postings, look at the source of this page!)
- keywords, excerpt and extended entry support
- being able to comment through the same mechanism
- get the stylesheet of the blog as a template in the email composer (well, maybe not)
- Editting of posts
- specifying sites to ping